I am an optomistic person. I like to always see my glass as half full rather then half empty. I view change as a good thing. Going through changes is never easy and at times can be very frustrating & difficult but those tend to be the times that bring about great growth.
Listen to me carrying on about change. I have experienced a couple of changes in my life just recently that I feel will be monumental for me & my future.
Last weekend I moved back home to live with my dad and step mom. It took me forever to come to this decision, but once I did I was at peace with it. I had some reservations about it because I have been out on my own for the last 7 years and love every minute of my independence. Also I have never lived with my step mom before and I wasn't sure how that would impact our relationship. All I know is that when something feels right and everthing in tells you should do this, then I have to take the leap of faith. One of my motivations for making this decision is to pay off the debt I incurred for having my weight loss surgery. I couldn't pass up this opportunity. I know the sacrifices I make now will allow me to eventually purchase a place of my own.
I decided that while I would be living at home, I would take this opportunity to start attending the older singles ward. I thought it would be wise since I am living at home again that it would be best for us to go to different wards so that we can keep our relationships healthy & strong. This also allows me to meet new people, make new friends and be able to socialize with other single people.
I am very sad to leave my family ward. I have made so many friends there who have impacted my life for good. I will miss teaching my primary children. I have come to love them very much. They will always hold a special place in my heart. I was so hesitant to accept the calling to be a primary teacher at first. I thought to myself what could I possibly teach them. I learned an important lesson that I always need to trust in the Lord. He knows what is best and will not lead me astray.
Another change that has been monumental for me this year is finding the new & improved Becky. I am so blessed & grateful for the outcome I have had since my weight loss surgery. I have lost a 199 pounds. I am 1 pound away from losing 200 pounds. If I never lost another pound I could be happy with where I am at. However I am determined to break all of my belief barriers and reach my maintance goal of weighing 180 pounds. I have 78 pounds to go. I know I will make it.
While I was packing up all my belongings to prepare for my move, I came across 4 outfits that I use to wear prior to having my weight loss surgery. I hadn't taken the time to put the outfits on until last week . I was astonished at how much weight I have truly lost. It was empowering for me to try the clothes on. The clothes made me more determined to reach my goal and never go back to 458 pounds.
All of the clothes pictured below used to be very tight on me when I was at my heaviest weight. The levis were so tight that the seams on the pants ripped and I had to repair the levis to keep them.
Oh Beck ... I'm sooo happy for you. Isn't it wonderful feeling so fantastic and free from that weight. We'll have to have a party to celebrate your maintenance weight!
ReplyDelete