Life has been crazy over the last couple of weeks. My great uncle on my mothers side passed away at 94. That same weekend my dad and step mom found a close family friend had died unexpectantly at her home. She was only 52 years old. She didn't have any family here in Utah. We were like her family. Her next of kin was a brother who lives out of state but they hadn't talked for over 20 years. He drove in to Utah to take care We spent a good portion of a week going through her house trying to find a will or life insurance policy. We coudln't find either. It broke my heart that everything she worked for in her life didn't amount to anything because we couldn't find the important papers. I learned that none of us know when we are going to die so we should prepare now so that our family and friends can give us a proper closure to our life. Our family friend will be missed and was loved by many.
On a much lighter note I was glad to have a 4 day weekend over the 4th of July to relax an recover from the craziness we just experienced. My good friend, Deedre' invited me up to her parents cabin over the 4th. We attended the Oakley Rodeo on Friday night. I have lived in Utah all my life and have never been to a rodeo. Deedre' told me the best rodeo in town is the Oakley rodeo. It was amazing! I can't wait to go again.
We planned to go hiking on Saturday up by Mirror lake in the Uintahs but nothing was open because of all the snow we still had in the mountains. I couldn't believe it myself take a look at the picture below.
Since we couldn't go hiking we spent the better part of the day laying around reading good books and just chillin. It's exactly what I needed. I feel refreshed and rejuvanted.
No comments:
Post a Comment