I haven't been in the mood to blog. 2011 will go down in history as the year of the fewest posts. You can count all of my posts on one hand. Maybe one of my goals for 2012 will be to blog more often.
It's not that I don't get out and have fun, I do! It's not that I dont live a good & blessed life, I do! I think I haven't been in the mood because I feel my life can be boring at times. I pretty much do the same thing day in and day out. Who wants to read about that? Not me!
2011 has definetly had its challenges for me. I am looking forward to what 2012 has in store for me. However I choose to remain optomistic about my future.
When life throws me lemons, I try very hard to make lemonade. I think for the most part I make pretty tasty lemondae. However because I am human, there are moments when it's hard to swallow the tartness of my lemonade. During those moments of tartness I tend to hold back and keep to myself. I fear that if I were to share everything about my life in such a public forum I wouldn't be creating healthy barriers for myself and it would cause me to be very vunerable. Does anyone else feel the same way at times?
Enought about that, let me share with you one of my highlights from 2011:
In August, I went on my annual P.O.W (Pretty Outstanding Women) Camping Trip with Vickie & Sharyll. We started this camping trip in 2004 and have been going strong ever since. I look forward to it every year. I was extra excited about this year because I was able to accomplish one of my goals following weight loss surgery. I hiked to the top of Cecret Lake which is a huge accomplishment for me. In 2004 I went with the group of ladies to hike Cecret Lake but wasn't able to get very far because of my weight. The most satisfying moment for me was when I reached the top knowing that I did it and was able to enjoy the experience. I had Vicki record my excitement from accomplishing my goal. Enjoy the video:
More pictures & blogging to come later. That's all for now!
No comments:
Post a Comment