Monday, July 13, 2009

1 Week To Go & 1000 Calorie Diet

One week from today is when I go in for surgery. I am so excited. Someone asked me today if I was nervous and surprisingly I am not. I'm sure I might be nervous the day of but I will have to wait & see.

I am on my 2nd week of my 1000 cal diet. It hasn't been as hard as I thought it would be. I have a couple slip ups but nothing to drastic. The dr put me on a 1000 cal diet 2 weeks before my surgery to help shrink my liver. It's supposed to help makes things easier for the doctor when he is doing the surgery. It shrinks the fatty tissue around the liver. The doctors office suggested two kinds of diets to choose from. Slim fast shakes for breakfast & lunch, then a healthy choice entree for dinner or eating healthy well balanced diet & count calories. I went with the first option. I don't enjoy counting calories. I only have had 2 slip ups (2 slices of pizza & small ice cream cone) but nothing too drastic. I have found that drinking lots of water when I feel the hunger pains has helped tremendously. Also chewing gum helps as well.

I can tell I have lost some weight already. I don't know how much I have lost because I don't own a scale. I can tell because my pants are baggy and some of my shirts that were tight have extra room. I will have photo soon, just need to find someone to take it.

Later on this week I want to get suggestions & opions about a decision I have to make on top of having surgery. I will share more later this week. It's about an offer that was made to me to move to a new place. I thought I had my mind made up as to what I was going to do, but now I'm not so sure. I would love to hear what my readers think.

1 comment:

  1. Good luck with the diet, surgery, and decision. Thanks so much for sharing your blog link, I'm honored to be able to share in your experience.

    ReplyDelete