On my Facebook profile last night I shared that I was excited for what is going to happen in 8 days & that my life will change as I know it. So what is the big news you might be asking? Well your wait is over & its time for me to "let the cat out of the bag"
The big news is that I am scheduled to have Gastric Bypass surgery on Mon. July 20th. This decision didn't come easy for me. I have thought about this decision over the last 2 years. After much praying & fasting I have chosen to go ahead with it & feel at peace. I also am not being naivee about this decision either. I know there will be a lot of changes to my lifestyle. With the Lord's help and my wonderful support group of family & friends I will take everything one day & a time.
I have found that when I share this decision with others I get a variety of responses & opinions. Most of the responses have been posivitive & supportive which I appreciate. Others have been responses of concern & worry as this is considered major surgery. I appreciate the concern for my well being and know where they are coming from. This is the right decision for me for my life right now. All that I ask is that you be supportive of me & don't judge me. I am excited to see this will take me in the future.
This is the main purpose I set up this blog. My plan is to keep everyone updated on a weekly basis of my success, struggles & changes as I go through this life changing process. I will soon have a pre-surgery picture of myself so we can compare the changes that come after surgery. This blog will also help me be accountable to myself & to you as I go through this process. I look forward to hearing your comments & questions along the way.
That is exciting! I agree that it will be a lifestyle change, but everyone needs those once in a while! Congratulations! Good luck and keep us posted on how it all goes. We'll keep you in our prayers, and we love ya!!
ReplyDelete