Friday, October 23, 2009

Fall is Here!

Fall is one of my favorite seasons. I love all of the beautiful leaves with their many splendid colors. I love that we can pull out our sweaters. I love being able to decorate for Halloween and Thanksgiving.

When my grandparents lived on 9th east, I loved to go visit them when all the leaves started falling because you could walk up and down the sidewalks and they would be covered with leaves at least 3 inches thick. I loved the crunchy, swooshing noise the leaves would make as I walked on them.

I'm sure all of us at one point in time we all had the opportunity to rake up a huge pile of leaves so that we could run, jump and play in the pile for a very long time.

Last Saturday my family took a car ride up through Heber, UT & down through Provo Canyon to look at all the pretty leaves. Saturday night my friend Deedre' called me & suggested that we and one other friend take a drive up American Fork Canyon's Alpine Loop to look at the fall leaves and go for a hike around Crystal Lake. So Sunday afternoon after going to church we packed up the car and headed for the canyon. It was breathtaking! The weather was wonderful, you didn't even need a jacket to wear. We came out of American Fork Canyon into Provo Canyon and stopped at a park where we could build a fire and roast hot dogs. It was so nice to get out of the house, spend time with friends & enjoy the scenery nature has to offer.

Here are some pictures from both Saturday & Sunday car adventures to the canyons:



On Mon. Oct 20th was my 3 month mark from when I had gastric bypass surgery. I have lost a total of 81 pounds. I am only 19 pounds away from loosing 100 pounds. I feel terrific and have been truly blessed to have no complications after the surgery. When I do loose my 100 pounds I will be celelbrating in a big way. I am up for any ideas from anyone on how I should celebrate this big monumental occasion. I thought about purchasing a ring, bracelet or necklace to commemorate my achievement.

4 comments:

  1. Congratulations!! That's a really high number! I love fall, and I miss the drives up the canyons. Fall in Oregon is nice, though. You get the awesome colors set against the evergreens. I'm starting to finally get used to the NW weather.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Diamonds and gold, my friend. That's the best way to celebrate. I'll go with you and help you pick out something pretty! :D

    And we do need to get together soon. I can't wait to see you again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look great!
    I think that jewelery is always nice... just not a ring because it will only fit you for about a week. :)

    ReplyDelete