What has happened to Thanksgiving? I thought it was the next holiday after Halloween. According to the department & grocery stores that I have visited lately, it looks like it is officially Christmas time. Don't get me wrong, I love Christmas it is my favorite holiday to celebrate. The thing that drives me crazy is how commercial Christmas has become and the fact that we start seeing Christmas items before Halloween has even approached us.
It drives me crazy that Thanksgiving is overlooked until the day off when we all sit down to eat. It would be nice if we could start a movement where we all write a letter of thanks or gratitude to someone in our lives. We could all write one letter a day starting 12 days before Thanksgiving. The only requirement is that you have to write to a different person each day. I think I might start this as a tradition in my own family. I will let you know how it goes.
Does anyone ever feel like there is so much stress & pressure we are under when it comes to preparing for Christmas? What happened to the days when it was nice just to spend time with family & friends. It is my goal this year to simplify my Christmas Season and truly feel the true meaning of why we celebrate in the first place.
I would love to hear what my readers think. Do you feel the same way I do? What are your thoughts? Please share!
Weight Loss Update:
As of last Monday November 2nd I have lost 88 pounds. I will weigh myself again tomorrow. I am almost 4 months out from my surgery. I feel fantastic! I can't wait until I reach my goal of 100 pounds lost. One thing that scares me the most is how easy it is for my mind to justify why it would be okay to go back to my old ways. I haven't gone back to my old ways but the temptation to eat a cookie or candy or anything that isn't good is still very much alive. I guess I will never get rid of the temptation just find a way to work through the temptation.
I hear yah, girl friend! It seems like when I lose a lot of weight I start justifying why I can have this and that. I can't! If I do ... I'll be right back to where I was before the surgery. Hang in there. We can do this together! And congrats on your marvelous weight loss. Do you ever watch The Biggest Loser? Last night's episode was CRAZY!
ReplyDelete