Friday, November 27, 2009

Wonderful Thanksgiving & Down 96 Pounds

I had a wonderful Thanksgiving Holiday yesterday with my family & close friends. I made the mistake last year telling my step mom that I wanted to cook my first Thanksgiving dinner last year and now I have been nominated to host Thanksgiving every year. So this year I hosted my 2nd annual Thanksgiving. I love hosting, I just wish I didn't get stressed out with all that needs to be done. My turkey turned out golden brown and was delicious. I wish I had taken a picture of it. I made a lovely Roasted Vegetable Medley which had (butter nut squash, zuccini, sweet red pepper, red onion & sweet potatoe coated in balsamic vinegar, olive oil, rosemary and thyme. You roast it in the oven for 30 minutes. It is so yummy!

I was so exhausted after everyone left last night. It was nice to sit and relax for the rest of the evening. I was so exhausted I fell asleep on the couch watching TV and didn't wake up until 1am in the morning.

Today I went to see the New Moon movie with a close friend. The movie was great. It moved faster than the first one and I liked it much better than the first. Seeing the movie makes me want to go home and read the books all over again.

Tomorrow I will be decorating my house for Christmas. Christmas is my favorite holiday. I love the spirit of love, peace & joy it brings every year. I love decorating! I just wish I was so picky about things then it wouldn't take me so long to decorate.

So as of November 20th I am four months out from my surgery date and I have lost a total of 96 pounds. I am very close to my 100 pound goal mark. I am so excited. I feel terrific and love all of the new clothes options that I have to choose from. I love the extra energy that I have. I am excited to see where I am in 1 year.

Here is a recent picture of me:








2 comments:

  1. So, what time should I plan on showing up next year?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your dinner sounds delicious!! Congrats on losing 96 pounds - that's so awesome!!

    ReplyDelete