Monday, January 25, 2010

Updated Weight Loss Pictures

Life has been busy for me lately that I haven't had a chance to update my blog as much as I would like to. I thought I would take this time to provide my readers with my most recent updated weight loss pictures.





I am 6 months out from surgery and have lost a total of 132 pounds. I feel fantastic, energetic, fabulous, beautiful, confident & excited. Yes I know those are a lot of adjectives, but I am truly enjoying this ride. My no means is the process easy. The surgery was just a tool to help me start loosing the weight, I still have to watch what I eat, drink plenty of water, and exercise every day. I am tempted everyday to go back to my bad habits. For right now what keeps me focused is reminding myself that what I wnat more is the satisfaction of being healthy & feeling good over having something that isn't good for me.
I really want to share with all of you what my starting weight was before surgery and where I am at now, but part of me struggles with sharing that information on my blog because anyone can see that information and I consider it very private. I can't make up my mind. I want to share it because it would be so empowering for me but yet it would truly show how out of control I got with my weight. For right now I have decided not to share my starting weight. Maybe one day I will be able to.
Just last Friday I finally cleaned out my entire closet of all of my clothes I wore before surgery. They were so baggy on me. It was time to let them go. I had a hard time letting them go, because part of me was so worried that I would fail. You have to understand all my life I have been on a diet of some kind and I would hit a certain point where I would loose 50 pounds and then gain it all right back plus some more. I finally realized the only way I could move forward and feel good about where I am at is to let go of the past and create a new path on my weight loss adventure.
I had received 6 bags of clothes from Linda Hansen and 1 bag of clothes from a girl at work that really needed to be hung up and put away. On Friday one of my dearest & closest friend who has helped me along this journey came over to my house to give me her honest opinion on the clothes while I tried every single one on. It was so much fun! I was completely exhausted at the end of the night. I was so surprised as to what sizes I could fit in. It was amazing. Some of the sizes I wear now I haven't been in since Junior High. Its so invigorating. Its hard to describe!
All I know is I love the confidence I have gained as I have gone through this process. I hope that doesn't sound cocky. I love looking in the mirror and having pictures taken of me. I would love to do a photo shoot like my friend Linda Hansen did of her most recent sexy weight loss pictures. It would be fun to show a sexier side of myself.
I am so grateful for my family & friends who provide me with a great support system through this adventure. I wouldn't be able to do it without your support.
There is so much that I can do that I was so limited before the surgery. I love trying new things. I can't wait to go camping this year and be able to go on some of the hikes and not be out of breart. I can't wait until I have the opportunity to fly somewhere and only buy one seat and not have to ask for the seat belt extension anymore. The funniest thing is that I am so excited to visit Lagoon this year and to do all of the rides. I haven't been to Lagoon for a very long time because I was too big to fit in the rides. I started a list of things that I would like to do after surgery. One of them is to go to Disneyland or Disneyworld. I would also like to go on cruise. I would like to try horseback riding. These are only a few! I love adding to my list daily.
I hope this blog finds all of my friends well and good. I look forward to hearing your comments. Have a great day!

6 comments:

  1. Wow Becky! You are truly inspiring!

    You look beautiful! Way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  2. BECKY, YOU LOOK FABULOUS! I AM SO PROUD OF YOU AND YOUR SUCCESS-YOU REALLY DO HAVE A NEW LEASE ON LIFE! :)

    YOU SHOULD TOTALLY TREAT YOURSELF TO DISNEYWORLD AND A CRUISE, YOU DESERVE IT!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome, awesome, and TOTALLY Awesome!! I'm so happy for you. You look great!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your happy and upbeat attitude... so inspiring! Us Hansen girls would be more than happy to treat you to a sexy photo shoot like our mama's. It was SOOOOOO hilarious!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so happy for you! You look great! Speaking of a cruise... My husband and I are going in March for our 10th wedding anniversary - and I'm so excited that I won't be feeling all self-conscious (not like I would have a year ago, anyway - I'm sure I'll still have some of that, as my mind hasn't really caught up with my body, I don't think)! I'm so glad you're doing so well!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so excited for you to do all the things you've been wanting to do! Such an awesome adventure, my friend!

    ReplyDelete