Sunday, February 14, 2010

I LOVE Shopping!

I love shopping for clothes. I haven't always felt this way, before my surgery I dreaded having to find clothes that would fit. I would avoid the shops and would order most of my clothes through catalogs or online because I was so big I couldn't find clothes at regular stores. I would hate to look at myself in the mirror when trying on clothes because I hated how I look. The mirror never lies. I would always present me with the truth that I truly had lost all control with my weight. Shopping before surgery was depressing & humiliating experience for me.


The last couple of weeks I really needed to buy a new pair of levis. The few pairs that I had been wearing up to this point were 3 to 4 sizes to big for me. They looked hideous on me. They were so baggy that I had layers & layers of material hanging from everywhere.


Well, guess what? Two weeks ago I decided to bite the bullet and go shopping at the local Lane Bryant store to see if I could find a pair of levis that would fit. I was so excited to be walking into a regular store & buy something off the rack. I was so excited when I tried on my first pair they actually fit and I looked really good in them. There are no words to describe how big this occasion was for me. I was thrilled that I could shopping like a normal person again and be able to find cute clothes that actually fit me.

Now I know this may seem trivial and simple to some of my readers, but for me this experience was so emotional & exciting for me all at the same time. I felt like a new women! I felt normal again!

Here is a picture of me in my new levis:








6 comments:

  1. This is not trivial at all! I know, for me, a new smaller size is super-important and the idea of it helps keep me motivated to keep taking care of myself. You're looking absolutetly beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. not trivial at all. I actually cried reading this just thinking how amazing this would be for you!
    So proud of you Becky!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Holy Cow Becky!!!! You look amazing! You are such an inspiration to me! Just keep doing what you're doing!

    I'm glad you had a good time shopping at LB. They have some fun and sassy clothes!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! You look great! I'm so excited for you. There's a thrill when you can fit into a great pair of jeans. Nothing trivial about it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nothing trivial at all... you are one hot lady!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the jeans! Hooray for you reaching your goals, you are such an inspiration to me!

    ReplyDelete