Thursday, February 18, 2010

Addicted to Exercise

Yes it is true I have officially lost my mind! I LOVE EXERCISING! I am addicted to it. I love the high I get after working out intesively for 30 minutes to 1 hour. Its even weird for me to believe that I am admitting to the fact that I love to exercise. Never in a million years would I have thought I would be posting about this.

I have to admit that the one part that I struggle with is getting myself to the gym. I allow my mind to find every possible reason why I shouldn't go to the gym. Its a battle to get to the gym but once I am there and start working out I love the endorphins I get from the exercise. I had to create a rule for myself. The rule is I cannot go home from work until I have worked out. I love that my work has a gym and that they keep the equipment up to date.

My exercise routine consists of circuit training on Monday, Wednesday & Fridays starting out on the bike for 15 minutes and then jumping off to go do a set of 20 reps on weights then jumping back on the bike for 3 minutes. I love circuit training. It keeps my heartrate up. I love the variety it gives me. Then on Tuesdays & Thursdays I do cardio (either the bike or ellyptical) for 30 minutes.

Another struggle that I have is being consistent with going to the gym everyday. Sometimes I allow appointments, meetings & other activities to be scheduled during the time when I should be exercising.

One thing that I am trying to focus on this year is putting myself first before anything else. I truly believe that its important for me make time for myself. I think its safe to say that many of us always put the needs of others before our own needs. I would hope that this would inspire my readers to take time for themselves everyday wether it be exercising, meditating, reading or just having some quiet time to think. I challenge myself and my readers to take some time either 15 to 30 minutes out of our days to do something for ourselves.

I want to publicly thank my adorable father for getting me set up with his personal trainer. We meet with her every other week on Saturday morning for 1 hour. I love how she pushes me when I don't want to push myself. My father had me start meeting with her 6 months before I had surgery. I was hesitant and negative towards it at first but now I look forward to our meetings.

3 comments:

  1. There's something amazing about exercise. And, there's something amazingly difficult about being consistent. It's a battle, I tell ya. Good job on making it to the gym!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Nat... awesome job! Do you think your addiction can be contagious? If so, I need to "catch the bug".

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, good for you! I think your attitude is inspiring!!

    ReplyDelete