I had my 8 month follow up appointment with the surgeon last Thursday. The doctors scale shows that I have lost a total of 145 pounds. Dr Simper was very pleased with the success that I have been making since the surgery. He mentioned my success is phenomenal and that I am well on my way to getting closer to maintance. He cautioned me to be more diligent the further I get out from surgery because its easier to get lazy & loose focus. I realized that I can't compare myself to another patient because my journey will take a little bit longer but the most important thing is that I will eventually get to my goal.
In the past I wasn't comfortable sharing with everyone what my starting weight was prior to surgery. I am okay with sharing that information now because it is just a number. It doesn't have any more control over me then I give it. My starting weight was 458 pounds.
Never in a million years did I ever think I would allow myself to get that big. I had no control over my life. I was making bad decisions and didn't take care of myself. I put others needs before my own. I didn't love myself and it showed. I was headed down a path that terrified me. I knew I had to do something.
The surgery was not a quick decision for me. It took much thought, consideration, prayer & fasting to make the right decision for me. Once I made the decision to have the surgery I know it was the right decision for me. I was at peace.
So currently if you have done the math, you will know that I am at 313 pounds. I still have a ways to go but with my commitment to myself and the support of family & friends, I know I can make it. My short term goal is to get below 300 pounds. My maintance & long term goal is to weigh 180 pounds. I have found that if I share my goals with others it helps me be accountable to myself.
I know this post is really long but I promise I am almost done. This surgery has brought about many positive opportunities & changes in my life. One of the positive opportunities that I wanted to do first was start up my Mary Kay business to enrich, pamper & bless the lives of all who have helped me become who I am today. I am excited to announce the Grand Reopening of my business on Thursday March 18th. I will be celebrating by doing what is called a $1000 day sell. What that means is my goals is to sell a $1000. Sounds like a lot, doesn't it? This is where YOU can benefit!!
I'm asking everyone to go to my directors website: www.marykay.com/medgington and find something that you need or want! The best part is when you order it on my $1000 Day, YOU get to pick your discount.
Thursday, March 18th is THE $1000 Day!
- Orders received from 8am to 1pm receive a 20% discount!!
- Orders received from 12pm to 6pm receive a 10% discount.
The same times apply if you email me bberry@marykay.com or go to my director's website! (If you decide to order on my directors website please make a note that it's for my $1000 day.)
I must have your order no later than 6pm to qualify for the discounts. Please contact me if you have any questions.
I am excited about the direction my life is headed. I am glad I can share this journey with all of you! Thanks for your support & friendship.
P.S. I will be posting new updated pictures shortly.
Becky you are shining star! Thank you for sharing your journey with me.
ReplyDeleteAMAZING!! I love reading your uplifting posts, they inspire me to do better and try a little harder at all that I do.... Thank You!!
ReplyDeleteCongratulations on your weight loss, you are truly incredible! I'm so proud of you for the changes you have/are making and for reaching your goals!!
ReplyDeleteGood luck with your Mary Kay business. I'll take a look at your website. I might have to switch back to the Timewise cleanser/moisturizer. I love it, but the last couple of times it's been a pain to find someone to order from so I just got something at Walmart, but I don't like it nearly as well.
Becky ... you look AMAZING! Way to go!!! I'm so proud of you. Keep up the great work. Love Yah -- Linda
ReplyDelete