Me, Patty & Deedre'
My Dad & Step Mom
Yahoo! I did it! I completed my first 5K. It was the most exciting & motivating experience I have had in a long time. As I got closer to the finish line, I was overcome with a lot of different emotions but ultimately I was very happy to see how far I have come. I am proud of myself & all the hard work I did before hand to achieve this goal.
My finishing time was 1 hour 16 minutes. I think that is pretty good time for my first 5K. I have already committed to do another 5K in August. My goal is to focus on improving my time. This will help me stay motivated during my workouts as I work towards increasing my speed.
I am truly blessed for the family & friends that came out to support me. I want to thank them for taking time out of their Saturday to do the 5K. They are all troopers for coming especially since it rained during the majority of the walk. On the positive side, the rain made it much cooler. We didn't have to worry about getting hot.
I was doing really good with my pace until I got halfway through Sugarhouse park. Instead of walking on the paved road they had us walk on the outside of Sugarhouse park which meant walking through muddy grass. I wasn't prepared for walking in the grass and it slowed down my pace. By the time I got out of the park and back on the sidewalk it looked like Patty and I were the last two walkers. This bugged me at first, but then my friend Patty mentioned I shouldn't worry about it and just keep walking. On the bright side with us being the last 2 walkers that meant that a very cute police officer got to ride behind us in his police car since we were walking along 1700 East to 2100 south. This actually worked in our favor, it helped us to pick up the pace.
After the 5K
I made the mistake of sitting down too soon after my walk. I should have stretched & walked around more. I couldn't believe how stiff & sore I was all day on Saturday. I feel it even more today then I did yesterday. I can't wait to see my Chiropractor tomorrow.
I had a great time. I am so proud of myself and this huge accomplishment. It made me realize that I shouldn't be afraid to try new things & never limit myself. I look forward to my next 5K in August. Anyone and everyone is welcome to join. The more the merrier I say.
That is amazing!!! You have such a positive attitude.
ReplyDeleteBecky,
ReplyDeleteWay to go! I happened upon your blog via Linda Lou's blog. I have loved reading about your adventures! Looking forward to more posts! Keep up the great work and congratulations on finishing the 5K!