Sunday, June 6, 2010

My First 5K

It is official, I am crazy! I have just registered to walk my very first 5K this coming Saturday. I am both excited & nervous. I am sure everything will be okay. My only goal is to cross the finish line, I am not focusing on how long its going to take me. The most important thing for me is that I finish the race. My dad and best friend have decided to join me for support as achieve this goal of mine. I will be taking pictures and will post them as soon as I can.

Now that I have shed 170 pounds, I find that I am able to do a lot more & have a lot more options open up to me with this new lease on life. I am amazed how much I am able to do physically now but that was so difficult for me before. I love taking the stairs at work every time I have to go downstairs. I love going for walks on my breaks & lunches. Its funny how things change. Before the surgery I would never consider going for walks on my breaks & lunches or taking the stairs. It would have been too much for me.

I started a "bucket list" so to speak of things I want to do now that I have more options after loosing all my weight. Some of the things that I want to do is go to Lagoon, Disney World, hiking, horseback riding and water skiing. If anyone has ideas or suggestions that I can add to my list, please share.

2 comments:

  1. Hey Becky,

    So what are the specifics about the 5K?
    When
    Where
    How Much
    Etc.

    Becky Fish

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its called the JudgesRun. It starts at Highland High School on 21st south and 17th east at 8am. It cost $20. Here is the link: http://annestirbacancerfoundation.org/ (click on events go to judgesrun.

    ReplyDelete