It is official! I reached my goal of getting below 300 pounds. I now weight 291. I have lost a total of 163 pounds. I am so excited! There aren't enough words to describe how wonderful I feel. This brings me one step closer to reaching my maintance goal of 180.
I finally broke down & bought a bathroom scale so that I could weigh myself in the privacy of my own home. In the past I would weigh myself weekly at my work's gym. I like weighing myself much better at home. I weigh myself first thing in the morning right before I get into the shower. I didn't realize how much clothes can actually weigh. The scale showed a 5 pound difference which I will gladly take. I guess every little bit helps.
I am on to my next goal of getting below 250 pounds. My weight loss has slowed down a little but I find as long as I stick to the program the doctor has recommended that I loose. Its just not as fast as it was before. I won't complain, I will take whatever I can get.
I am also getting ready to do a 5k in June. One of my friends from support group recommended we do it together. Its on my list of things I want to do so I am getting ready for it. I won't be running it, just walking the 5 K but at least I can say I have accomplished it after all is said and done. My personal trainer gave me some tips that I can start incorporating into my works to get my body conditioned for the 5K. If anyone would like to join me in my 5K adventure let me know. I would love for friends & family to come join the fun.
Woohoo! I am so happy for you, my friend! You're such an inspiration to me.
ReplyDeleteI don't have a scale that works at home right now, so I only weigh in once a week at The Meeting. I'm trying to decide if I should get one or not.
Love you, my friend. Keep it up!