Mom, I love you and miss you but want to wish you a Happy Mother's Day. Thank you for your patience, guidance, love and kindness you showed to me everyday. Thank you for showing me how to love & have compassion for others. Thank you for instilling in me a positive attidue & an optomistic way of thinking. No matter what came your way in life, you never complained and lived each day with a smile. I am truly blessed to be your daughter and hope to keep your memory alive in all that I do.It will be seven years on June 3 since my mother passed away at the age of 56. I didn't realize how young she was when she passed away until I got older. Its true that time does heal all wounds. This is the first mother's day that I didn't dread going to church and wasn't sad or jealous of others who still had their mother. This year was the first year since her passing that I didn't cry but rather enjoyed thinking and cherishing the memories of my mother.
I can't believe its been seven years. There are moments when it seems like yesterday I was just talking to her then I realize, I miss hearing her voice and seeing her beautiful smile. I think about her often and what she is doing on the other side. I have come to know with time that she is in a better place, no longer suffering and doing a very important work. I know she has moments when she can catch glimpses of my life. I have felt her close to me at the times when I need her the most.
I stand in awe of how our Heavenly Father & Savior, Jesus Christ truly do know what is best for all of us. Sometimes we may doubt what purpose there is to death of a loved one when it impacts our life so much. I believe that purpose is different for everyone. I have found that my purpose was to obtain personal growth both spiritually & emotional as well as building a resevoir of knowledge I need to continue on my own path in life.
The women I am today is because of the great example I had in my mother. I pay tribute to my mother on this special day. I love her dearly and can't wait to be with her again someday.
I can't believe its been seven years. There are moments when it seems like yesterday I was just talking to her then I realize, I miss hearing her voice and seeing her beautiful smile. I think about her often and what she is doing on the other side. I have come to know with time that she is in a better place, no longer suffering and doing a very important work. I know she has moments when she can catch glimpses of my life. I have felt her close to me at the times when I need her the most.
I stand in awe of how our Heavenly Father & Savior, Jesus Christ truly do know what is best for all of us. Sometimes we may doubt what purpose there is to death of a loved one when it impacts our life so much. I believe that purpose is different for everyone. I have found that my purpose was to obtain personal growth both spiritually & emotional as well as building a resevoir of knowledge I need to continue on my own path in life.
The women I am today is because of the great example I had in my mother. I pay tribute to my mother on this special day. I love her dearly and can't wait to be with her again someday.
Becky, my heart skipped a beat when I saw that pic of your mom. She was a great lady who also taught me many things. I know she is proud of you and the great woman you are!
ReplyDeleteWhat a sweet tribute to a wonderful Mom. She raised a wonderful daughter!!
ReplyDeleteThat was a nice post about your mom. It's hard to imagine it's been 7 years. I'm so sorry you lost her. But it's heart warming to hear you speak about your growth and purpose. Thank you!
ReplyDeleteJust beautiful Becky! Thank you for sharing.
ReplyDelete*Hugs* Your mom sounds like an amazing woman!
ReplyDelete