Sunday, August 23, 2009

1 Month & 3 Days

Wow, where did the time go? I guess the saying of "time flies when you are having fun" rings true for me. I can't believe that I am 1 month & 3 days after I did the gastric bypass surgery. It has been a fun ride. There have been times that it hasn't been easy, but for the most part its been fun.

I have lost a total of 51 pounds which is amazing. That is the most I ever lost with any other weight loss program. My goal is to loose at least 200 pounds which means I am 1/4 of the way done. I feel wonderful. I am amazed at how much extra energy I have to exercise & do everyday things. I haven't dared to publish how much I weighed before surgery. I think for right now I am going to keep that information private.

I love how feel. I love knowing that each day something is changing wether I notice it or not. I love the compliments that I get from others. I am so glad that I decided to make this change.

Below I have posted pre-surgery pictures that the doctors office took before my surgery & current pictures from today, so you can see the changes in me.

BEFORE



AFTER (Taken Today)



Last night one of my girlfriends came over to my house to watch a movie. I had already eaten dinner, but she was starving so she stopped at Little Ceasars to get a $5 pizza. I told her it was fine to eat in front of me which it was. The smell of it made me want to eat a slice. It goes to show the power our mind has when it comes to food. She let me have one slice but all I ate was the cheese & pepperoni off the slice. It tasted okay & I was able to eat just fine. Its not as good as I remembered it before the surgery. I threw away the entire crust. My goal is to have no carbs for the 1st year which I have done great on.
I figure why introduce the foods that I have a hard time with, then I will just end right back where I was. I am following everything the doctors are telling me to do. I have to, its not an option for me. Partly because of how much money I will be forking out to pay for my half of the surgery. I figure this is an investment that is worthwhile and why not do everything right since I get a second start on life.

6 comments:

  1. You're looking great! I'm so impressed by how hard you are working! Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so great that you are working so hard to follow "the rules". We just went camping with my Mom, and I felt bad eating junk in front of her, but she too has been so good with her eating. Keep it up, you look wonderful!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am constantly so excited for you, Becky! You are looking great the hard work will be totally worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Becky,

    You are doing amazing girl, keep it up! I love you, and if you ever need to chat, call me!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Way to go Beck! I love talking to you and sharing ideas for meals. Keep callin' ... I love your support!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's so amazing! You are amazing! You are so inspiring to me. Thank you for sharing this with me.

    ReplyDelete