Sunday, August 9, 2009

Long Lost "Friend" (aka collarbone)

The other day I was looking in the mirror & I noticed something that I haven't seen for a very long time. Now this thing has been apart of my ever since I was born, but it was hiding. The thing that I am talking about is my collarbones. It was nice to finally see them. So I introduced myself to my collarbones while standing in the mirror. They look great & very defined. I guess thats what would happen after loosing as much weight as I have. (I was attempting to be funny but I'm not sure if it came across that way). It's like the return of a long lost friend. HA HA HA

I decided early on I wasn't going to weigh myself everyday. It is easy for my to be consumed with the number. I decided I would weight myself once a week. So tomorrow marks a new week and I am excited to get on the scale. I will let you know what the outcome is.

I am now able to get in & out of my car without my stomach rubbing up against the steering wheel. In order for me to use my seatbelt in my car previous to surgery, I required a seatbelt attachment. Well I no longer need the attachement. It's the little things that bring me so much pleasure.

4 comments:

  1. I know I've said this before, but thank you so much for sharing your experience with me! I am celebrating every moment with you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Say "Hi" to your collar bones from me! I love that! Good post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Isn't it funny, the little things that we don't think about? Who would have thought?
    You're funny!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Collar bones ... how delightful! I'm soooo happy for you and I can really tell in your face, neck, and shoulders. That's where I've lost the most weight too. Can't wait for the bottom to start losing!!!

    ReplyDelete