Sunday, August 2, 2009

Productive Weekend

I love weekends that are productive. Since I had my surgery, I had little things piling up that I have been wanting to get done. Yesterday was the first day that I felt like I had the energy to do it. I love walking into my duplex & seeing all of the things I accomplished. It's a good feeling. I was able to balance my checkbook, clean out a drawer of my filing system, vacuum my front room, do laundry & clean dishes.

Later in the evening I went over to my friend Deedre' B condo & we watched The Secret Life of Bees. I wasn't interested in watching the show when it came out in the box office, but I'm glad I watched it. It was a really good show. Now it makes me want to get the book from the library to see how close they followed the story line.

If any of my followers would like to give suggestions on some good books to read, I am looking for another book to read. I am pretty much open to anything. I know I want to read The Secret Life of Bees & The Travelers Wife.

My Sunday has been wonderful as well. I got 3 different substitutes to take my Primary class while I was out from the surgery. I didn't feel like staying home from church today, but I didn't feel up to teaching my primary class. So I decided to just attend Sacrament meeting. The Bishop came up to ask me how I was doing. I handed two tithing envelopes & joked with him that it looks like I have been gone long enough if I had 2 envelopes to give him. He laughed. I forgot it was Fast Sunday today. I'm glad I went, it was good to be able to partake of the Sacrament & to feel the spirit from those who bore their testimonies.

I went to Dad & Peggy's for dinner. They had chicken fried rice while I had 3 TBSP of Tuna Fish with little mayo & 1 TBSP of Peas & Carrots. After dinner we all went for a walk around the neighborhood. I forgot how much I don't care for hills.

Tomorrow is my last day off before I go back to work on Tuesday. I am excited for Tuesday because I have my 2 week follow up appointment with my surgeon. Tomorrow I will post my 2 week post surgery picture. It's been nice to loose as much as weight as I have. I was able to wear a dress to church today that has been haning in my closet for awhile. Also I found a shirt that I was able to wear now that I haven't worn in a long time. It is a nice feeling.

2 comments:

  1. oh, i bet! that's great encouragement! also, i just started reading secret life of bees on saturday! it was been sitting on my nightstand and it was time. i like it so far, although sad. tell me what you think. sorry for the lowercase - baby is on my lap.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Feels good to get things done. A great book is "The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society." You will LOVE it!! It's a funny title, but totally worth the read.

    ReplyDelete