Saturday, August 15, 2009

P O W Yearly Campout







I got home yesterday afternoon from my yearly campout with girlfriends from the ward that I grew up in as a child. We have been getting together for a long time at least 6 years or more. We even gave our camp group the name of Pretty Outstanding Women campout.


This year those who were able to attend were myself, Vickie Ricks, Sharyll Madsen, Debbie
Schwenke, Rhonda & Erin Jensen. In past years others who have attended are Linda Maddocks, Tina Ellis & Darcie Tew. For the last 3 years we have been going to Tanner Flats campground which is up Little Cottonwood Canyon. Vickie & Sharyll headed up Wednesday afternoon. Debbie and I came up on Thursday. Rhonda & Erin came up on Friday evening.
I was going to go at first because I was worried how I would be able to stay on my food plan. Then I figured I should go because I can't stop living everyday life just because my diet has changed. I packed up my own food and headed up for some camping & relaxtion.

While we were out on our hikes, Vickie wanted to get creative with how we took pictures, rather then just taking picutres of us standing. So she came up with a great idea for all of us to lay down on the ground with our heads in the center while our bodies made a circle. We were all good sports and did it but we got the case of giggles as we were laying on the ground. It was hilarious, you had to be there.









Here are more creative shots that I took of Vickie while we were out on the hike. She cracks me up with the things she comes up with.


I am so glad that I went. I had a wonderful relaxing time with my friends. I can't wait until next year to see where I am at with my weight loss & to see how well I handle the hikes. I was able to stay on track with the meals that I took. I got my exercise in & had fun doing it. I do have to say that it was nice to return home & sleep in my own bed.

6 comments:

  1. Sounds like so much fun! I knew Sharyll went but I didn't know you went with them too. How neat! Love the circle pics.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks so fun! I miss Vickie. She was a fun YW leader about 22 years ago.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How neat that you guys have kept that going! I love Vickie too, she is so nice!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's so cool that you have girlfriends that you can do that kind of thing with. And I'm so glad that you decided to go!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Becky! Looks like fun! I just wanted to say hi!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This sounds like so much fun. Vicki is such a fun person.

    You are looking great. I wonder where my collarbone could be? Hmm, I'll have to look for it sometime.

    Great job on your weight loss!!!

    ReplyDelete